We have a small library that we lend to members.
Wellington Explorers’ Library Booklist
Giftedness in general
- ‘Mind Workout for Gifted Kids’ – Two Books: ‘A Guide for Parents’ and ‘A Puzzle Book for Kids’ by Robert Allen
- ‘Perfectionism – What’s Bad About Being Too Good?’ by Miriam Adderholdt, Ph.D. & Jan Goldberg
- ‘Smart Boys: Talent, Manhood, and the Search for Meaning’ by Barbara Kerr & Sanford J. Cohn
- ‘The Gifted Kids’ Survival Guide – for Ages 10 & Under’ by Judy Galbraith, M.A.
- ‘Understanding Giftedness’ by Lesley Sword on DVD MPEG4 Copy of VHS (poor quality)
- ‘Gifted and Talented Learners – Meeting the Ministry’s Requirements: (A Very Practical!) Guide for Schools’ by George Parkyn National Centre for Gifted Education
- ‘Gifted Young Children (2nd Ed.) A guide for teachers and parents’ by Lousie Porter
- ‘Nurturing Gifted and Talented Children – A Parent-Teacher Partnership’ by Ministry of Education
- ‘They’re Not Bringing My Brain Out – Understanding and Working with Gifted and Talented Learners (3rd Ed.)’ by Rosemary Cathcart
- ‘Upside-Down Brilliance – The Visual-Spatial Learner’ by Linda Kreger Silverman, Ph.D.
- ‘When Gifted Students Underachieve – What You Can Do About It’ by Sylvia Rimm, Ph.D.
- ‘Why Bright Kids Get Poor Grades (and What You Can Do About It)’ by Dr. Sylvia Rimm
Giftedness and other diagnoses
- ‘Asperger Syndrome and Bullying – Strategies and Solutions’ by Nick Dubin
- ‘Different Minds – Gifted Children with AD/HD, Asperger Syndrome, and Other Learning Deficits’ by Deirdre V. Lovecky
- ‘Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnoses of Gifted Children and Adults: ADHD, Bipolar, OCD, Asperger’s, Depression, and Other Disorders’ by James T. Webb, Ph.D.
- ‘Freeing Our Families From Perfectionism’ by Thomas S. Greenspon, Ph.D.
- ‘Raising Topsy-Turvy Kids – Successfully Parenting Your Visual-Spatial Child’ by Alexandra Shires Golon
- ‘Bullies Are a Pain in the Brain’ by Trevor Romain